If you’re facing drug possession charges in Encino, California, it can be a really overwhelming and stressful experience. The penalties for drug possession in Encino are quite severe, which is why it’s important to have a legal expert on your side. Cyrus is a lawyer who specializes in drug possession cases in Encino. His main role is to defend individuals who are facing drug possession charges. He can help you navigate the legal system and provide you with guidance on what steps to take next. With his knowledge and expertise, Cyrus can assist you in dealing with the charges related to drug possession and help you achieve the best possible outcome. Fear and uncertainty may take hold of you after an arrest, leaving you wondering about potential jail time and how a conviction might impact your future. Cyrus as a skilled Encino drug crime attorney can advocate for your charges to be reduced or dismissed entirely.
Things to Know About Drug Crimes in Encino
Encino has a variety of drug laws in place, and breaching any of them may lead to fines, imprisonment, or other forms of punishment. Typical drug offenses in Encino include:
Concentrated Cannabis Possession
In Encino, locals can lawfully own up to 8 grams of concentrated cannabis without any repercussions. Nonetheless, it’s considered illegal to have 8 grams or more of concentrated cannabis in possession. If an Encino resident is caught holding 8 grams or more of concentrated cannabis, they may face a maximum jail sentence of six months or a fine of $500.
Individuals aged 21 years or above in Encino are permitted to grow a maximum of six marijuana plants legally. However, if an individual below the age of 21 is caught cultivating marijuana, they can be charged accordingly. Additionally, if a resident is discovered cultivating more than six marijuana plants concurrently, they may be subject to imprisonment or a monetary penalty.
Intent to Sell
Encino has limitations on who can engage in drug sales. It’s crucial for anyone interested in legally selling drugs to obtain the necessary license. Otherwise, they may face penalties for unlawfully vending drugs.
If you face a drug crime charge in Encino, a drug crimes attorney can offer valuable insights into California law. They can provide legal aid and collaborate with you to establish the most effective plan of action to challenge the drug charges.
Types of Drug Cases We Can Help With
At our Encino drug defense law firm, we possess significant experience dealing with the following types of cases:
- Possession – California Health and Safety Code 11350(a)
- Drug possession with intent to sell – California Health and Safety Code 11350(a)
- Drug manufacturing – California Health and Safety Code 11379.6
- Drug transportation or trafficking – California Health and Safety Code 11379
- Prescription drug crimes – California Health and Safety Code 11350(a)
- Possession For Sale Of A Controlled Substance – HSC 11351
No matter the type of drug charge you’re confronting, our law firm can create a robust defense on your behalf. Get in touch with us now to obtain a complimentary case assessment from an experienced Encino drug crime attorney.
Penalties For Drug Convictions
The consequences of drug convictions can differ significantly depending on the offense. For instance:
- Simple possession: A jail sentence of up to a year and a maximum fine of $1,000
- Possession for sale: A prison term of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $20,000
- Transportation of a controlled substance: A maximum prison term of 9 years and a fine of up to $20,000
- Being under the influence of a controlled substance: A maximum 1-year jail term
- Drug manufacturing: A prison term lasting up to 7 years and a fine of up to $50,000
- Possession with intent to sell marijuana: A 6-month jail term and a fine of up to $1,000
How to Get an Encino Drug Crime Charge Dismissed or Reduced
With his comprehensive knowledge of the legal system, Cyrus, a drug crimes attorney in Encino can collaborate with his client to develop a legal strategy aimed at achieving the dismissal or reduction of drug crime charges. Through this strategy, the attorney and his client can present a wealth of compelling evidence, demonstrating to a judge or jury why the charges against the defendant should be dropped. The strategy also enables the attorney to raise concerns and questions regarding the prosecution’s evidence. A successful legal strategy in an Encino drug crime case can result in the dismissal of the defendant’s charges or a reduction from a felony to a misdemeanor, allowing them to move forward with minimal consequences.
Common Defenses to Drug Charges
To secure a conviction, the prosecution must demonstrate that the defendant committed the crime beyond a reasonable doubt. This is an immensely challenging standard to meet, and the defense may utilize various tactics to weaken the state’s case, including:
- Fourth Amendment: The Fourth Amendment safeguards you against unreasonable searches and seizures. If the drugs were found during an unlawful search, the case might be dismissed.
- Chain of custody issues: Once drugs are seized by law enforcement, they might be sent to a forensic analyst for testing and then returned to the police station. The police must maintain an evidence log, documenting who possesses the drugs and when, to establish a chain of custody. If there are issues with the chain of custody, the drugs might be inadmissible as evidence, and the case could be dismissed.
- Crime lab analysis: Legal substances might be mistaken for illegal narcotics. A crime lab analysis could indicate that the substance presented as evidence is not, in fact, an illegal drug.
- The drugs aren’t yours: For instance, your legal counsel could contend that the drugs belonged to someone else who was merely a passenger in your vehicle.
Each drug case is distinctive, involving varying evidence and circumstances. By retaining the services of an Encino drug crime defense attorney, your case can be thoroughly investigated, allowing for the identification of the optimal defense strategy for your situation.
Role of a Encino Drug Possession Lawyer
Regardless of whether you’re charged with minor or major drug possession, it’s important to have the support of a skilled drug possession lawyer in Encino. Cyrus Tabibnia, Drug crime attorney possesses extensive knowledge about the laws and regulations surrounding drug possession charges, such as those at Tabibnia Law Firm. He offers expert legal advice and representation to assist clients in navigating the legal system and reducing the impact of a drug possession charge. With the assistance of Los Angeles drug possession lawyer, clients can develop a robust defense strategy, negotiate plea bargains, or receive legal representation in court.
Based on 28 reviews